JSON does not have a binary data type, so true BLOBs are not possible in JSON.
Sorry, I wasn’t clear.

The payload I use is JSON in a string. It looks like this:

suggest: {
skill_names_infix: {
m: {
numFound: 10,
suggestions: [
{
term: "<b>m</b>icrosoft office",
weight: 14,
payload: "{"count": 1534255, "id": "microsoft office"}"
},
{
term: "<b>m</b>icrosoft excel",
weight: 13,
payload: "{"count": 940151, "id": "microsoft excel"}"
},

wunder
wunder
Walter Underwood