On 4/18/2017 7:40 AM, rgummadi wrote:
> Is anyone successfull in running Solr6 on Tomcat7. If so can you give
> me some pointers on how you did this?

Running in this way is officially unsupported.  You can most likely do
it, but we strongly recommend that you don't.  You are on your own when
it comes to figuring out HOW to do it.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/WhyNoWar

The webapp is already extracted as server/solr-webapp/webapp ... Tomcat
should include instructions for installing an app like this.  You will
also need logging jars from server/lib/ext to be installed somewhere
Tomcat can find them.

The following is important enough to say it again:  We recommend that
you do NOT do this.  Even though it probably will work, there's no
guarantee that any container other than the one Solr ships with is going
to run.  The admin UI in particular may not function correctly.  You may
also find that it's difficult to obtain help for a non-standard
install.  Eventually,the plan is to create Solr as a standalone
application that you won't be able to install into Tomcat.

Thanks,
Shawn