I see.  I had actually overlooked the fact that Suggester provides a
'weightField', and I could possibly use that in my case instead of the
regular Solr index with bq.

So if I understand then - the main advantage of using the
AnalyzingInfixSuggester instead of a regular Solr index (since both are
using standard Lucene?) is that the AInfixSuggester does sorting at
index-time using the weightField?  So it's only ever advantageous to use
this Suggester if you need sorting based on a field?

Thanks