Hi,

In my use case, we need to validate the solr query which is getting fired to
SOLR in the solr layer.

Validation like, we want few fields to be passed always in the query, we
don't want few fields not to be passed in the query.

Which is the right place to do in the SOLR ? Currently we are using it in
Filter level. Is there any other better place to validate the query before
handing over the query to execute.

Also, in the response, we would like to add the few fields additional, for
example, for  each document fields, say for Employee document,  we will have
only employee id. But we would like to add employee name as well in the
response. This is because employee name is not indexed or stored in the
document, but only employee id is stored and indexed. So we want to get
employee name from our store and add it in the response. Currently we are
doing this by implementing QueryResponseWriter interface. Is there any
better alternative for this ?

Early responses would be appreciated !

Thanks and Regards,