A similar pattern should work with .NET, all that's
necessary is a JDBC driver for connecting to the database
and an connection to a Solr node.

SolrNet will not be as performant as SolrJ I'd guess
since there's no equivalent to CloudSolrClient. You
can still SolrNet, any connection to any Solr node
will "do the right thing".

Best,
Erick