Hello,

I'm having trouble using the + operator. According to the
documentation if I put that operator in front of any term then it
should find that term anywhere within the field.

So if I want all the records that have the name "Jake" in them I
started with a simple query that works:

?q=Jake

Now if I wanted to grow on that and add that the name "test" must be
in the category name I thought I would add the following:

?q=%22Jake%22+AND+category_facet:+test

But that doesn't work. A matter of fact, whenever I specify exactly
which field I want to use the + or - operator it never works. So going
back to the first example that does work but if I were to do this:

?q=fullname_facet:+Jake

... then that would not return back any results either. The closest
I've gotten was the following query which sorta works:

?q=Jake+AND+%22+test%22

For the time being that query works but is not what I want because I
need to specify exactly which fields are allowed to have Jake and
+test. I don't want results returned when another field has the word
"test" in it. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

The two fields below are both string fields and I'm using copyField to
copy them to text fields:

<doc>
 <field name="id">124</field>
 <field name="fullname_facet">Jake Conk</field>
 <field name="category_facet">My test category</field>
</doc>
<doc>
 <field name="id">125</field>
 <field name="fullname_facet">Jake Conk</field>
 <field name="category_facet">My test category</field>
</doc>

- Jake