Hello All,
I am new to Solr and have a question. I have to load about 1 million records
from a DB table (with say 30 columns/row) and then run various search
queries on it. I see 2 ways to do it. Store the data directly in Solr versus
store in in a cache and then search on it using Solr. I am trying to
understand which approach is better and recommended. One use case where I
would need a separate cache is when I have to store non-linear data (PDF et
al) which won't be supported by Solr. However, if i have tabulated data then
i have a choice to store directly in Solr. Any ideas on what to choose when?
Is there a reason i would choose a separate cache even for storing linear
data?

Thanks in advance
PG