Jake, copyField exists to decouple document values (on the update
size) from how they are indexed.

>From the example schema:
  <!-- copyField commands copy one field to another at the time a document
        is added to the index.  It's used either to index the same
field differently,
        or to add multiple fields to the same field for easier/faster searching.
  -->

-Yonik