Hi,

I've recently created a solr cloud on solr 5.5.2 with a separate zookeeper
cluster. I write to the cloud by posting to update/json and the documents
appear fine in the leader.

The problem I have is that new documents added to the cloud aren't then
being automatically applied to the followers of each leader. If I query a
core then I can get different counts depending on which version of the core
the query ran over and the solr admin statistics page confirms that the
followers have fewer documents and are behind the leader.

If I restart the solr core for a follower, it does recover quickly and
brings itself up-to-date with the leader. Looking at the logs for the
follower you see that on re-start it identifies the leader and gets the
changes from that leader.

I think when documents are added to the leader these should be pushed to the
followers so maybe it's this push process that isn't being triggered.

It’s quite possible that I’ve made a simple error in the set-up but I’m
baffled as to what it is. Please can anyone advise on any configuration that
I need to check that might be causing these symptoms.

Thanks in anticipation,
Peter Lancaster.