1> did you completely re-index under 6x? My guess is "yes", since you
jumped two major versions and 6x won't read a 4x index. If not you may
be getting some performance degradation due to back-compat..
2> Try turning &debug=timing. that breaks down the time spent in each
component and may give a clue, Highlighting has changed significantly
so that's one place I'd look.
And I'm assuming you're running a suite of tests, trying just a few
queries is uninformative due to loading parts of the index into
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 1:09 AM, guenterh.li...@bluewin.ch
> we are updating our SOLR infrastructure from version 4.10.2 to the latest
> We realize a significant degradation of the response time while running
> match-all queries with facets (query in ) With version 4.x these kind of
> queries never took longer than 2000 ms.
> Now all of these queries need more than 9000 ms.
> Our index   contains around 30 Mio docs. Because we want to use
> doc-values for facets and sort functions we changed our doc-processing
> significantly replacing all text type with string fields.
> The behavior of normal term queries is acceptable although it's a little bit
> slower compared with the current productive environment. Yesterday I run a
> couple of performance tests
> I looked around and came across this (older) issue  which is partially
> related to our observations but actually I cannot find a solution for our
> Did we miss something on the way of the development from version 4 / 5 / 6
> which might be the reason for the degradation and we should change our
> Thanks a lot for any hints
>  www.swissbib.ch
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8251