Hi,

we're currently experimenting with LTR reranking on large rerank
windows (rerankDocs=1000+). On a >500M documents SolrCloud collection,
we were only able to get sub-second response times with
FieldValueFeature. Therefore we created a custom feature extractor that
matches field values with constant strings to substitute simple
SolrFeature usages. Apparently, the response time is now dominated by
stored field data.

We're now wondering how many documents LTR can rerank in practice and
what the bottlenecks are. Do you guys have any experience using it?

Regards,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Klemke
Senior Software Engineer

ResearchGate GmbH
Invalidenstr. 115, 10115 Berlin, Germany

www.researchgate.net

Registered Seat: Hannover, HR B 202837
Managing Directors: Dr Ijad Madisch, Dr Sören Hofmayer VAT-ID: DE258434568
A proud affiliate of: ResearchGate Corporation, 350 Townsend St #754, San
Francisco, CA 94107