You can add a ~3 to the query to allow the order to be reversed, but you
will get extra hits.  Maybe it is a ~4, i can never remember on phrases and
reversals.  I usually just try it.

Alternatively, you can create a custom query field for what you need from
dates.  For example, if you want to search by queries like "fourth
tuesday", you need to have 'tuesday" in a query and better to have " 4
tuesday " as part of the field.

Instead of a phrase query, you do +2017 +(04 03) +(01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08
09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31),
which does all the days in march and apr.  A more complicated nested query
would do more complicated date ranges.

I don't know if there is a way to get repeating date range queries, like
the fourth tuesday for all months in a year.  The date support is usually
about querying a specified range at a time.

tim