From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_luc...@fucit.org]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2017 5:46 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

all of the low level SSL code used by Solr comes from the JVM.

double check which version of java you are using and make sure it's consistent
on all of your servers -- if you disable SSL on the affected server you can use
the Solr Admin UI to be 100% certain of exactly which version of java is being
used...

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/overview-of-the-solr-admin-ui.html

If the JVM Runtime *versions* are identicle, the next thing to check would be
the the JVM security settings which control which ciphers are used.
For Oracle JVMs this file is named "java.security" -- compare that file between
your functional/non-functional servers.

There are lots of docs out there on SSL protocol and cipher configuration in
java's java.security file, here's a quick one that links deep into the details
of enabling/disabling protocols...

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/SunProviders.html#SunJSSE_Protocols

...but the bottomline is: you probably want to fix your broken server to match
your working servers, and unless the JVM versions are different, that means
someone/thing must have modified the JVM security settings on one of your
servers -- find out who & why.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/