another thing to consider is what users would expect, would english user
search over english docs only ? if yes, the most important task would be to
correctly set up / create accurate per language analyzers, otherwise you
may consider to also adopt machine translation, either on the search
queries or on the resulting docs, me and a friend of mine gave a talk at
bbuzz this year [1].

My 2 cents,
Tommaso

[1] :