On 9/26/2017 2:23 AM, Bram Van Dam wrote:
> We're preparing for an upgrade to 7.0, but I'm a bit worried about the
> deprecation of Trie* fields. Is there any way to upgrade an existing
> index to use Point* fields without having to reindex all documents? Does
> the IndexUpgrader take care of this?

I am not aware of any way to make the change from Trie to Point without
a reindex.  The IndexUpgrader class just calls forceMerge on the index.
This can change the index format, but it does not change the underlying
data storage method, which is controlled by the class used in the fieldType.

Thanks,
Shawn