Hi John,
Your data volume does not require SolrCloud, especially if you isolate core
that is related to your business from other cores. You mentioned that the
second largest is logs core used for analytics - not sure what sort of logs,
but if write intensive logging, you might want to isolate those. It is probably
better to have two 15GB instances than one 30GB and dedicate one instance to
your main core. If you do not see the size going up in the near future, you can
go with even smaller one. It may also be better to invest some money into
instances with SSD. You may consider sending logs to some centralised logging
solutions (one such is out Logsene http://sematext.com/logsene
<http://sematext.com/logsene> ).
When it comes to FT, you can still have it with MS model by introducing slaves.
That can also be one way to isolate cores that your users are facing - they
will query only slaves and the only replicated core will be the main core.
It is hard to tell more without knowing your ingestion/query rate, query types,
NRT requirements…

HTH,
Emir