From: Emir Arnautović [mailto:emir.arnauto...@sematext.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 3:28 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Default value from another field?

Hi Jimi,
I don’t think that you can do it using schema, but you could do it using custom
update request processor chain. I quickly scanned to see if there is such
processor and could not find one. The closest one is
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/6_6_0//solr-core/org/apache/solr/update/processor/DefaultValueUpdateProcessorFactory.html

<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/6_6_0//solr-core/org/apache/solr/update/processor/DefaultValueUpdateProcessorFactory.html>
It should not be too hard to adjust it to do what you need.

HTH,
Emir

--
Monitoring - Log Management - Alerting - Anomaly Detection Solr & Elasticsearch
Consulting Support Training - http://sematext.com/