As far as I can tell, there is no need to remove a slave from a pool while performing the sync. It's all done in the background and doesn't change anything till the final <commit/> is ran to open a new searcher.

Thanks for your time!

Matthew Runo
Software Engineer, Zappos.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - 702-943-7833