Well, you tell the suggester what field to use in the first place in
the configuration.

But I don't quite understand. Suggester is not _intended_ to return
documents. It returns, well, suggestions. It's up to you to do
something with them, i.e. substitute them into a new query (against
whatever fields you want) and send that query to Solr. The new query
you send can use the edismax parser to automatically search across
several fields and the like.

Suggesters are not intended to automatically do another search if
that's what you're asking.

Best,
Erick