I have two different document stores that I want index. Both are quite small
(<50,000 documents though documents can be quite large). They are quite capable
of using the same schema, but you would not want to search both simultaneously.
I can see two approaches to handling this case.
1/ Create a "source" field and use that identify which store is being used. The
search interface add the appropriate " AND source=xxxx" to queries.
2/ Create separate core for each.

If you want to use the same solr server to handle queries to both stores, which
is the best approach in terms of minimizing JVM size while keeping searches
reasonably fast?
Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential and may not be used,
published or redistributed without the prior written consent of the Institute
of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Limited (GNS Science). If received in error
please destroy and immediately notify GNS Science. Do not copy or disclose the
contents.