Hi,

I’ve recently been using the dataimport handler to import records from a
database into a Solr cloud collection with multiple shards. I have 6 dataimport
handlers configured on 6 different paths all running simultaneously against the
same DB. I’ve noticed that when I do this I often get “idle” status from the
DIH even when the import is still running. The percentage of the time I get an
“idle” response seems proportional to the number of shards. I.e., with 1 shard
it always shows me non-idle status, with 2 shards I see idle about half the
time I check the status, with 96 shards it seems to be showing idle almost all
the time. I can see the size of each shard increasing, so I’m sure the import
is still going.

I recently switched from 6.1 to 7.1 and I don’t remember this happening in 6.1.
Does anyone know why the DIH would report idle when it’s running?

e.g.:
curl http://myserver:8983/solr/collection/dataimport6
{
  "responseHeader":{