On 12/14/2017 2:27 PM, Abhi Basu wrote:
> I am using CDH 5.13 with Solr 4.10. Trying to automate metrics gathering
> for JVM (CPU, RAM, Storage etc.) by calling the REST APIs described here ->
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/metrics-reporting.html.
>
> Are these not supported in my version of Solr? If not, what option do I
> have?

The metrics API was added in version 6.4.  The documentation page you
referenced is for version 6.6.

I think that if you check the PDF reference guide for the 4.10 version
of Solr, you will not find that information in it.

Much of what gets presented by the metrics API is available at the core
level in earlier versions.

http://server:port/solr/XXXX/admin/mbeans?stats=true&wt=json&indent=true

There are other APIs that you can call for information.  There are a
number of global API endpoints like /solr/admin/info/system that I
*think* are there in 4.10, but I'm not sure.  If you check Plugins/Stats
in the admin UI (or the mbeans URL referenced earlier), you can should
be able to get a full list of every endpoint that is available at the
core level, but I am not aware of anything that lists the global handlers.

Thanks,
Shawn