The merge rate will be limited by the number of merge threads. You'll merge
more often though so the load will change. That said, I wouldn't be
concerned unless you have a very high indexing rate.

Why do you want to change anyway? Unless you've tried the new settings in a
Dev environment, the biggest risk seems to me to be whether the new
settings are just plain bad in your situation rather than what the short
term effects are.