Hi Susheel,
If a single query can cause node to fail and if retry cause replicas to be
affected (still to be confirmed) then preventing retry logic on Solr side can
only partially solve that issue - retry logic can exist on client side and it
will result in replicas’ OOM. Again, not sure if Solr retries (Solrj does and
would expect the same code base is used within Solr as well) and on what
conditions, but maybe using shorter timeAllowed would help you in some cases.
Also maybe using preferLocalShards would result in aggregating node to OOM, but
that could result in client retry.

I agree with Shown that only true solution is to protect Solr from OOM - e.g.
control max start and rows.

HTH,
Emir