Hi Chris,

The core node numbers should be cleared out when the collection is deleted. Is
that something you see consistently ?

P.S: I just tried creating a collection with 1 shard and 200 replicas and saw
the core node numbers as expected. On deleting and recreating the collection, I
saw that the counter was reset. Just to be clear, I tried this on master.

-Anshum