On 1/9/2018 8:31 AM, padmanabhan wrote:
> I get the below error whenever an indexing is executed.. I didn't find enough
> clue on to where this field is coming from and how could i debug on to it..
> any help would be appreciated

<snip>

> 2018-01-09 16:03:11.705 INFO
> (searcherExecutor-51-thread-1-processing-x:master_backoffice_backoffice_product_default)
> [   x:master_backoffice_backoffice_product_default] o.a.s.c.S.Request
> [master_backoffice_backoffice_product_default]  webapp=null path=null
> params={q=*:*%26facet%3Dtrue%26facet.field%3DcatalogVersion%26facet.field%3DcatalogId%26facet.field%3DapprovalStatus_string%26facet.field%3Dcategory_string_mv&distrib=false&event=newSearcher}
> status=400 QTime=0

As Michael told you, this is a query, not an indexing request.

The source of the problem here is aggressive URL encoding.  Because of
this, what you have is the following text as the query string -- looks
like 130 characters:

*:*&facet=true&facet.field=catalogVersion&facet.field=catalogId&facet.field=approvalStatus_string&facet.field=category_string_mv

This is happening because ampersand characters separating the URL
parameters have been URL encoded as %26 in the HTTP request, so the
decoded ampersands and the parameters around them are part of the query
string and are not being interpreted by the web server as separate URL
parameters.  Other characters are also being encoded, such as the equal
sign as %3D.  Therefore the first asterisk is being interpreted as a
field name, instead of being part of the three-character special string
"*:*" which is shorthand for all documents.

You're going to need to change whatever code you have that is generating
this query so that it doesn't do this aggressive URL encoding.

Thanks,
Shawn