OK, so I'm assuming your indexer indexes to 1, 3 and 5 separate cores
depending on how many are available, right? And these cores are essentially
totally independent.

I'd guess your gating factor is your ingestion process. Try spinning up two
identical ones from two separate clients. Eventually you should be able to
max out your CPU as you add cores. The fact that your indexing rate is
fairly constant at 90K docs/sec is a red flag that that's the rate you're
feeding docs to Solr.

At some point you'll max out our CPU and that'll be the limit.

Best,
Erick