Chris / Hoss

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Erick Erickson's explanation made
sense to me but it didn't explain the part why the fields are different for
'hello' vs '*:*' .

I had never paid much attention the parser part of query handling and so
far focused only on the field definitions. I had to re-read parts of this
thread to understand the whole picture.

I had dropped an apparently unnecessary question but this thread has
provided a lot of necessary learning.

Thanks
Nawab