bq: That's evidence enough for me to beat on our systems guys....

Beat them with a stick. A large stick. If they insist that they can't
up these limits, I always push back hard with "why?". Usually
reluctance to up them is a misplaced efficiency argument....

And I should have said you should see exceptions in your Solr logs if
this is really something that happens.

FWIW,
Erick