On 1/22/2018 6:27 AM, D Dasaradha Rami Reddy wrote:
> We have solr 6.4.2 currently deployed as war in tomcat. It doesn't have
> authentication now. I want to setup the authentication for solr. When it
> deployed as war in tomcat, The process specified in below page is not
> working, Even after adding security.json in solr home directory, curl request
> of authentication says it’s not configured.
>
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/authentication-and-authorization-plugins.html#AuthenticationandAuthorizationPlugins-EnablePluginswithsecurity.json
>
> Did anyone did this before? If so, please guide me.

This isn't working because a minimum version of 6.5.0 is required to
support security.json in standalone mode.  Prior to that version, it
only worked in SolrCloud mode -- security.json was read from ZooKeeper.

You should also know that by running in Tomcat, you're running an
unsupported configuration.  Solr hasn't shipped with a war file since
version 5.3.0, and the "war" build target didn't exist in 6.4.2, so I'm
curious how you could have a war file at all.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/WhyNoWar

Thanks,
Shawn