From: solr-user@lucene.apache.org At: 01/29/18 14:19:41To:
solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: LTR original score feature

>It seems to me that the original score feature is not useful because it is
not normalized across all queries and therefore cannot be used to compare
relevance in different queries.

I don't agree with this statement and it's not what Alessandro was
suggesting ("When you put the original score together with the rest of
features, it may
be of potential usage."). The magnitude of the score could very well
contain useful information in certain contexts. The simplest way to
determine whether or not the score is useful is to just train and test the
model with and without the feature included and see which one performs
better.