Hey guys, thank you so much for this help.

Recalling all your suggestions I think I should:

1. Have two collections with an alias that alternatively point to one of
them. Use the configuration with autoSoftCommit and openSearcher=true. I
call this scenario an active/passive configuration.
2. The delete all and full reindex task I must always use the passive
collection.
3. The two clients can write concurrently using the alias, which always
point to the active collection, but they must stop once a day during the
full reindex.

Now the two clients now are synchronized by some sort of semaphore based on
a zookeeper resource, so only one at time can write into the SolrCloud
collection.
On the other hand, when I'll have the new configuration, I can leave the
clients to write concurrently, but even in this case, I must always stop
them once a day, during the full reindex.

At last, please let me ask another question, is it true that after every
commit, even if I had only updated one document, the SolrCloud cache is
invalidated (i.e. Solr must open a new searcher)?
Because this what the second clients does, updating a document at time and
commit.
In other words, how is good/bad having multiple hard commit in a short time
(few seconds)?

Best regards,
Vincenzo

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 11:12 AM, alessandro.benedetti <a.benede...@sease.io
> wrote:

> Generally speaking, if a full re-index is happening everyday, wouldn't be
> better to use a technique such as collection alias ?
>
> You could point your search clients to the "Alias" which points to the
> online collection "collection1".
> When you re-index you build "collection2", when it is finished you point
> "Alias" to "collection2" .
> The following day you do the same thing but you use "collection1" to index.
>
> Client 2 for the atomic Updates will point to "Alias" .
>
> I am assuming here that during the re-indexing the price we get in the
> fresh
> index are the most up to date.
> So as soon as re-index finishes the collection is perfectly up to date.
>
> In the case you want to update the prices during re-indexing, the price
> updater should point to the temporary collection.
> Also in this case I assume that if a document was not indexed yet, the
> price
> update will fail, but the document will get the correct price when it is
> indexed.
> Please correct any wrong assumption,
>
> Cheers
>

> -----
> Alessandro Benedetti
> Search Consultant, R&D Software Engineer, Director
> Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io

Vincenzo D'Amore