I worked personally on the SimpleFacets class which does the facet method
selection :

FacetMethod appliedFacetMethod = selectFacetMethod(field,
                                sf, requestedMethod, mincount,
                                exists);

    RTimer timer = null;
    if (fdebug != null) {
       fdebug.putInfoItem("requestedMethod", requestedMethod==null?"not
specified":requestedMethod.name());
       fdebug.putInfoItem("appliedMethod", appliedFacetMethod.name());
       fdebug.putInfoItem("inputDocSetSize", docs.size());
       fdebug.putInfoItem("field", field);
       timer = new RTimer();
    }

Within the select facet method , the only code block related UIF is (
another block can apply when facet method arrives null to the Solr Node, but
that should not apply as we see the facet method in the debug):

/* UIF without DocValues can't deal with mincount=0, the reason is because
         we create the buckets based on the values present in the result
set.
         So we are not going to see facet values which are not in the result
set */
     if (method == FacetMethod.UIF
         && !field.hasDocValues() && mincount == 0) {
       method = field.multiValued() ? FacetMethod.FC : FacetMethod.FCS;
     }

So is there anything in the logs?
Because that seems to me the only point where you can change from UIF to FC
and you clearly have mincount=1.

-----
Alessandro Benedetti
Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io