Hello,

We are having issues with SolrCloud 5.4.1 instances after the hosting
servers have been restarted.

Scenario:
We have 3 servers, on which SolrCloud 5.4.1 was configured and setup to be
used with an external ZooKeeper ensemble.
Once configured and setup, it works fine until there is a full server
restart.
The error "No config data found at path xxx" is obtained.
As a workaround, we stopped the ZooKeeper and SolrCloud services and deleted
all the relevant data before re-creating everything from scratch.

I use the following commands for creating the config and collections in ZK
and SolrCloud.

function UploadZooKeeperConfig {
Start-Process -FilePath ${zkCliPath}\${zkcli} -ArgumentList "-zkhost
${zkHost}:${zkPort} -cmd upconfig -confdir ${configPath} -confname
$confName"
}

UploadZooKeeperConfig -configPath "D:\basic_configs\conf" -confName
"TestCollectionConfig" -zkHost "x.x.x.x"

$expression =
"http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=TestCollection&numShards=1&replicationFactor=3&collection.configName=TestCollectionConfig";

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $expression

The following command is used to start SolrCloud.

bin\solr start -cloud -z "xxx:2181,yyy:2181,zzz:2181" -m 16g -f

Below is the zoo.cfg used within SolrCloud.

# The number of milliseconds of each tick
tickTime=2000
# The number of ticks that the initial
# synchronization phase can take
initLimit=10
# The number of ticks that can pass between
# sending a request and getting an acknowledgement
syncLimit=5
# the directory where the snapshot is stored.
dataDir=D:\zookeeper\data\1
# NOTE: Solr defaults the dataDir to <solrHome>/zoo_data
# the port at which the clients will connect
clientPort=2181
# NOTE: Solr sets this based on zkRun / zkHost params
server.1=xxx:2888:3888
server.2=yyy:2888:3888
server.3=zzz:2888:3888

Please let me know if there is anything that is required to prevent files to
be deleted upon server restart.

Thanks.