We have also used separate service, which uses tika & then use solrj to
index the content.
The main reason, why we went for this approach is to have flexibility to
manipulate/transform data over and above what tika does.
What I understand is that, if there is no other transformation needed
should be fine in production too.
On 8 February 2018 at 17:17, Frederik Van Hoyweghen <
> Hey everyone,
> What are your experiences on making (in production) use of Solr's
> I've been reading some mixed remarks so I was wondering what your actual
> experiences with it are.
> Personally, I feel like setting up a separate service which is solely
> responsible for parsing file contents (to be indexed by Solr later on in
> the process) using Tika is a safer approach, so we can use whatever Tika
> version we want along with other things we might want to add.
> Looking forward to your response!
> Kind regards,