On 2/8/2018 5:36 AM, LOPEZ-CORTES Mariano-ext wrote:
> We are just 1 field "status" in facets with a cardinality of 93.
>
> We realize that increasing memory will work. But, you think it's necessary?
>
> Thanks in advance.

2GB for 27 million docs seems a little bit small even WITHOUT facets.
You need to increase the heap.  If you're hitting OOME doing facets on a
field with such low cardinality, then I think that means you're probably
running *VERY* close to your heap memory capacity.  Because Java does
not function well when memory is extremely tight, you'll likely find
that increasing the heap will make Solr run faster in general, as well
as eliminating the OOME.

As Erick mentioned, turning on docValues, if the field you're faceting
on supports it, will reduce the amount of heap memory required.  But
even with that, 2GB may simply not be enough.

Thanks,
Shawn