So are you saying this REST api can't give me access to stopwords defined in
this file?

Is there a query which will give me stopwords defined in
server\solr\collection\conf\lang\stopwords_en.txt  file ?

No, the managed resources are managed via API, and stored in a "
schema_analysis_stopwords_english.json" file inside the core directory.

Maybe you can convert your .txt file to the new json file format and change
the file name accordingly for a warm start.

Regards,
Alessandro Hoss