Chris--

Sorry, your e-mail got lost in the noise. You're right, there does appear to be a problem. I can reproduce this by setting the "root" level to "OFF" and then setting it back to "INFO". I'll take a look into it. Have you opened a JIRA issue for this?

-Sean

Chris Hostetter wrote:

I'm looking at the display page for the new LogLevelSelection servlet for the first time today, and something isn't adding up for me based on my knowledge of JDK logging, and the info on the page.

according to the explanation there...

The effective logging level is shown to the far right. If a logger has unset level

...running the Solr example on the trunk, i'm seeing lots of things get logged by various loggers, but according to the page all of those loggers have an effective level of "OFF" -- even though it shows that they are all "unset" and the "root" Logger is set to "INFO"

This seems like a (low priority) bug to me ... or am i just missunderstanding what it's trying to show me here?

-Hoss