On 2/21/2018 12:08 PM, Alfonso Muñoz-Pomer Fuentes wrote:
> Some more details about my collection:
> - Approximately 200M documents
> - 1.2M different values in the field I’m faceting over
>
> The query I’m doing is over a single bucket, which after applying q and fq
> the 1.2M values are reduced to, at most 60K (often times half that value).
> From your replies I assume I’m not going to hit a bottleneck any time soon.
> Thanks a lot.

Two hundred million documents is going to be a pretty big index even if
the documents are small.  The server is going to need a lot of spare
memory (not assigned to programs) for good general performance.

As I understand it, facet performance is going to be heavily determined
by the 1.2 million unique values in the field you're using.  Facet
performance is probably going to be very similar whether your query
matches 60K or 1 million.

Thanks,
Shawn