Thanks Otis for reply!  Always appreciated!

That is indeed what we are looking for implementing.  But, I'm running
out of time to prototype or experiment for this release.
I'm going to run the two index thing for now, unless I find something
saying is really easy and sensible to run one and collapse
on a field.

thanks
gene