Hi Shawn Heisey,

Thank you for the reply given here
<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201803.mbox/%3C4e2ef3ec-65b3-30e0-1274-6edf43bc09ce%40elyograg.org%3E>
.

Please find below answers to your questions,

is the collection using the compositeId router?

Yes collection used of both the versions are using compositeId router, PFA
screenshot of the same.

> You would need to look at the information in zookeeper for both versions

Any specific information I can check / look into: shall I check for
uploaded configs for the collection or any specific set of properties in
solrconfig.xml?
>From my earlier mail, trying to re-phrase my point #6 - The new documents
available after new collection creation got lost after restoring older
indexes (in step #5).
The difference between schema of solr-5.5.5 and schema that is there for
solr-7.2.1 is that, we are adding docValues on required fields to improvise
indexing of required fields.
Hence before upgrading from solr-5.5.5, I took a backup of documents using
restore-api and then upgraded solr from 5.5.5 to 7.2.1 and tried to restore
the backed-up data by converting the documents to the newer format using
the index-upgrader tool.
And, issue I got after restoring the documents of older version was : all
the documents that were there in collection that was created for solr-7.2.1
were not available at all.

Thanks,
Mugdha Varadkar