On 5/2/2018 6:23 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:
> Perhaps this is: SOLR-11660?

That definitely looks like the problem that Micheal describes.  And it
indicates that restarting Solr instances after restore is a workaround.

The issue also says something that might indicate that collection reload
after restore would also fix it, but I can't be sure about that part.
If it works, that would be far less disruptive than a Solr restart.

I've tried to reproduce the issue with the cloud example on 7.3.0, but I
can't get the collection restore to work right and give me two replicas.

Thanks,
Shawn