Looks like some sort of proxy server inbetween the python client and
solr server.
I would still check first if the output from the python client is
correctly escaped/encoded HTTP.

One easy way is to use netcat to pretend to be a server:
$ nc -l 8983
And then send point the python client at that and send the request.

-Yonik