On a quick glance at the code, I don't see anything requiring an xml
extension for the managed schema. I suppose it's possible that the
hyphen is messing things up.

You should see a message like:

"Adding config files to list: " ......  on replication if you turn on
debug-level logging.

At worst, you could change the _name_ of your schema by changing
solrconfig.xml like below.

<schemaFactory class="ManagedIndexSchemaFactory">
    <bool name="mutable">true</bool>
    <str name="managedSchemaResourceName">managed-schema</str>
  </schemaFactory>

But I'll emphasize that you should _not_ have to do this from a quick
code inspection. Have you changed your index since changing the
managed schema? Replication doesn't do anything unless the index on
the master is changed relative to the slave.

And are you using configsets?

If the schema has changed _and_ you see a replication happens (i.e.
new docs appear on the slaves) _and_ the managed-schema still isn't
replicated, that would merit a JIRA.

Best,
Erick