Our team is having problems with our production setup in AWS.

Our current setup is:
- Dockerized solr nodes behind an ELB
- zookeeper with exhibitor in a docker container (3 of this set)
- solr talks to a zookeeper through an ELB (should we even do this? we did
this for recovery purposes so if there are better ways to handle this,
please describe it in your reply)
- There are scripts in zknodes and solr nodes to monitor and restart docker
containers if it goes down.

So in production, solrnodes sometimes goes down and will be restarted by the
scripts. During recovery, some shards won't have a leader and because of
that, indexing won't work. Adding replica's will also sometimes yield to
multiple replica's in the same node with a lot more than we want (we added
one and got eight at one time).

So my question is, are we doing something wrong here?