Hello,

I am using solr 7.3 and zookeeper 3.4.10. I have custom client code that is
supposed to connect the a zookeeper cluster. For the sake of clarity, the
main code focus:

    private synchronized void initSolrClient()
        {
                List<String> zookeeperList = new ArrayList<String>();

                zookeeperList.add("http://100.12.119.10:2281";);
                zookeeperList.add("http://100.12.119.10:2282";);
                zookeeperList.add("http://100.12.119.10:2283";);

                String collectionName = "myCollection"

                log.debug("in initSolrClient(), collectionName: " +
collectionName);

                try {
                        solrClient = new CloudSolrClient.Builder(zookeeperList,
null).build();

                } catch (Exception e) {
                        log.info("Exception creating solr client object. ");
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }
                solrClient.setDefaultCollection(collectionName);
        }

Before executing, I test that all three zoo nodes are running
(./bin/zkServer.sh status zoo.cfg, ./bin/zkServer.sh status zoo2.cfg,
./bin/zkServer.sh status zoo3.cfg). The status shows the quorum is
up and running, with one nodes as the leader and the other two as followers.

When I execute my java client to connect to the zookeeper cluster, I get :

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient$Builder.<init>(CloudSolrClient.java:1387)

I am assuming it has a problem with my null value for zkChroot, but not
certain. Th API says zkChroot is the path to the root ZooKeeper node
containing Solr data. May be empty if Solr-data is located at the ZooKeeper
root.

I am confused on what exactly should go here, and when it can be null. I
cannot find any coding examples.

Any help greatly appreciated.