sorry for my typo earlier. we have enjoyed** using solarium.

there have been some shortcomings in our more complex queries that we've
had to more or less hack around, but generally speaking it's been a breeze.

we are about to undergo testing things out with the solrcloud extension as
we're migrating to cloud, but have also found that it's not entirely
necessary (i can't yet speak to the cost/benefit of using the extension
when we deploy to cloud)

best of luck-

--
John Blythe