On 8/10/2018 1:20 PM, Joe Obernberger wrote:
Hi All - having an issue that seems to be related to the machine being under a high CPU load.  Occasionally a node will fall out of the solr cloud cluster.  It will be using 200% CPU and show the following exception:

2018-08-10 15:36:43.416 INFO  (qtp1908316405-203450) [c:models s:shard3 r:core_node17 x:models_shard3_replica_n14] o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall Unable to write response, client closed connection or we are shutting down
org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException: Closed

EofException means that the TCP connection got closed. Because the timeout that can cause such a disconnection is typically configured for either 50 or 60 seconds, something *extreme* has happened in order for that timeout to be exceeded.

With no real information to go on, I would guess that you're having extreme GC pauses, probably from your heap being too small.

If that's not it, figuring out the problem is going to be an involved process that could take a while.  You might want to hang out in the IRC channel for a more interactive chat.

Thanks,
Shawn