Thank you Shawn!

Kelly
________________________________
From: Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2018 12:01:21 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr Multiple Hostnames

On 8/10/2018 11:12 AM, Kelly Rusk wrote:
> I want traffic passed over https to flow through the load balancer and
> resolve on the Solr servers by an address of
> https://solr.mydomain.com:8983/solr. The hostname I have set for the Solr
> Master is master.mydomain.com and the Slave is slave.mydomain.com.
>
> So, are you stating that so long as my DNS has an entry for the domain of
> https://solr.mydomain.com:8983/solr it should work, even if the individual
> Solr servers have their host set as master.mydomain.com or slave.mydomain.com.

Any request you send that's properly formatted will be answered.  If DNS
sends it to Solr, the port is correct, the protocol is correct, and all
that, it should work.  You could have the following host header in the
HTTP request that Solr receives and it would work:

Host: wibble.frongle.spoof

The *load balancer* might care about the host header, but unless you
tweak the jetty config to accomplish something different than Solr ships
with, Solr will not care what the host header contains.  You won't even
*need* a Host header.

When you configure a replication slave, you give it a URL for the
master.  That must be a good URL, of course.  The master doesn't get
told about the slaves.

Thanks,
Shawn