Hi,

We have the text field below configured on fields that are both stored and
indexed. It seems to me that applying the same filters on both index and query
would be redundant, and perhaps a waste of processing on the retrieval side if
the filter work was already done on the index side. Is this a fair statement to
make? Should I only be applying filters on one end of the transaction?

Thanks,
TZ

   <fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">

      <analyzer type="index">

        <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory"/>

words="stopwords.txt" />

        <filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="English"
protected="protwords.txt"/>

      </analyzer>

      <analyzer type="query">

        <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory"/>

        <filter class="solr.SynonymGraphFilterFactory" synonyms="synonyms.txt"
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>

words="stopwords.txt" />

        <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterGraphFilterFactory"
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0"
catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>

        <filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="English"
protected="protwords.txt"/>

      </analyzer>

    </fieldType>